On Aug 27 and 28, DevOps Days Chicago will bring together hundreds of individuals from development, operations, QA, and InfoSec to discuss the culture and tools that make better organizations and products. Baron Schwartz, founder and CTO of VividCortex, will be speaking on Bringing DevOps to the Database.
Bringing DevOps to the Database
Wednesday, August 28, 10:40 am > UIC Forum
Why is it hard to apply DevOps principles and practices to databases, and how can we get better at it? This talk explores real-life stories that answer these two questions, through the perspectives of teams that have changed the entrenched culture, processes, and tooling—and those who’ve tried. Along the way, we’ll cover topics including:
- What the research shows about DevOps, databases, and company performance
- Current and emerging trends in how we build and manage data tiers, and implications
- The traditional dedicated DBA role, and what has happened as a result
- Elevation of the traditional dedicated DBA role and what’s happening as a result
- Driving cultural change towards distributed database competency and responsibility
- Why some teams succeed in this transformation, while others fail
- How to improve your chances of succeeding and avoid common pitfalls
We can apply DevOps principles to the database, and our work will be better for it. This talk will show you how.
Be sure to download Baron's new ebook DevOps for the Database before the conference.