2015 was an amazing year for VividCortex's customers and team.
The story of our progress is a story about customers. Customers, and the people in particular, are the heroes. Our job is to make them happier and more effective while making their companies more successful. What thrills me the most about 2015 is how many of our customers told us we're doing exactly that.
- Several companies who have Black Friday/Cyber Monday peaks spend half the year working to get ready for it. With VividCortex, this year it was a whole different ballgame. There was a lot less sweating, a lot more certainty -- and those peak traffic holidays went smoothly for them this year.
- A leading digital media company's operations team "can't do their job without us," a sentiment many others echo.
- In general, people and companies who were struggling with database performance and availability, had tried all the other solutions and failed, achieved great results with us.
- And it's not only customers who are noticing; several Venture Capital and Private Equity firms were so impressed at the difference we made, they introduced us to the rest of their portfolios.
We achieved this by being intentionally customer-centric in 2015:
- We formed a Customer Advisory Board with regular conference calls
- We visited as many customers onsite as possible
- We tracked/estimated/prioritized customer requests and feedback
- We created a Customer Success team
- We built analytics into our product to learn more about what's working and what isn't
- ... and we executed on what we learned.
It's created success after success. You can see some of the resulting stories in our case studies. As a direct result of making customers wildly successful, we've broken every record on our own KPIs:
- 750% revenue growth
- 400% customer growth
- Less than 1% churn
- 250% increase in the average deployment
Numbers don't tell the whole story. Before 2015, our customer adoption mostly came from startups and SMBs. In 2015 we moved solidly into the enterprise, and now many large companies such as Autodesk and Marketo are enjoying the benefits of enterprise-wide database performance monitoring. We're really a different business than we used to be, providing solutions to the largest environments where there previously was no viable option.
We couldn't have achieved this without our amazing team of employees and the supporting cast of investors, advisors, partners, vendors, friends, and many others too numerous to mention. I can't thank them properly in this blog post.
What will 2016 bring? We're continuing to focus on customers as we build our platform and capabilities, support more technologies, and scale the business. And as for financials, we're in great shape. (We're hiring, by the way.)
I look forward to another banner year in 2016. I wish all of you a prosperous and peaceful year. And a sincere thanks for contributing to our success in 2015, as well as letting us be part of yours.
Fireworks photo credit: Flickr
Topics: Success Stories