Percona Live 2017 is a wrap! What did we think? Baron Schwartz shares a few of his thoughts in the highlight reel below. Some of our favorite parts of the show included:
- This year there was an especially great combination and blend in how the show presented different open-source database technologies. The conference did a great job bringing the ever-expanding industry together.
- MongoDB showed up in a big way. MongoDB is emerging as a true leader among NoSQL tech.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster showed its true capabilities, deployed large-scale, in production. It's demonstrating success handling heavy workloads.
- Time series data asserted itself as a new category with special prominence. Several vendors at the show addressed this category specifically, alongside a few new open-source projects.
- The show offered an entire track on AWS, with much depth and a variety of approaches.
Last week, Percona Live 2017 gave us the chance to meet with our friends and peers at the best open-source database conference in the world. Hundreds of thought leaders and experts came together to discuss cutting edge ideas in our industry, demonstrating how rapidly monitoring solutions and data technologies continue to evolve.
We're thrilled it's finally that time of year: Percona Live 2017! This event is among the most important in the database community—there's no other conference like it, where you can find such a meeting of industry leaders, gathered to discuss open-source databases and monitoring.
Percona Live 2017 is only a couple weeks away, and we're making our list of can't-miss events that we plan to catch while we're there. If you ask us, VividCortex's Baron Schwartz and Preetam Jinka's talks and breakout sessions are obvious picks, but we're just as excited to catch some of the fantastic presentations by our friends and peers. Need help getting your schedule in order before Percona Live kicks off? Below are five agenda items that we're particularly excited to see in Santa Clara.