We had a fantastic time this week in Chicago at MongoDB World, where VividCortex participated as a sponsor and we unveiled new updates in our product's MongoDB support. Baron Schwartz, VividCortex's founder and CEO, also presented a talk, titled "MongoDB Performance in Theory and Practice."
Percona Live 2017 is a wrap! What did we think? Baron Schwartz shares a few of his thoughts in the highlight reel below. Some of our favorite parts of the show included:
- This year there was an especially great combination and blend in how the show presented different open-source database technologies. The conference did a great job bringing the ever-expanding industry together.
- MongoDB showed up in a big way. MongoDB is emerging as a true leader among NoSQL tech.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster showed its true capabilities, deployed large-scale, in production. It's demonstrating success handling heavy workloads.
- Time series data asserted itself as a new category with special prominence. Several vendors at the show addressed this category specifically, alongside a few new open-source projects.
- The show offered an entire track on AWS, with much depth and a variety of approaches.
Last week, Percona Live 2017 gave us the chance to meet with our friends and peers at the best open-source database conference in the world. Hundreds of thought leaders and experts came together to discuss cutting edge ideas in our industry, demonstrating how rapidly monitoring solutions and data technologies continue to evolve.
We're thrilled it's finally that time of year: Percona Live 2017! This event is among the most important in the database community—there's no other conference like it, where you can find such a meeting of industry leaders, gathered to discuss open-source databases and monitoring.
Calling all developers, DBAs, engineers, SREs, and database aficionados: we’re hitting the road and hope to see you along the way. It's always a highlight of our year when we get to meet up with our users and friends face-to-face, and we'll be attending events across the country (and abroad!) for the rest of 2017. If you see our booth, come say hello.
Calling all Bostonian MySQL professionals, experts, amateurs, and enthusiasts! On October 10, Baron Schwartz, VividCortex's founder and CEO, will join the Boston MySQL Meetup Group for a presentation titled "Meeting the Challenges of Monitoring in the Cloud."