Percona Live 2017 is a wrap! What did we think? Baron Schwartz shares a few of his thoughts in the highlight reel below. Some of our favorite parts of the show included:
- This year there was an especially great combination and blend in how the show presented different open-source database technologies. The conference did a great job bringing the ever-expanding industry together.
- MongoDB showed up in a big way. MongoDB is emerging as a true leader among NoSQL tech.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster showed its true capabilities, deployed large-scale, in production. It's demonstrating success handling heavy workloads.
- Time series data asserted itself as a new category with special prominence. Several vendors at the show addressed this category specifically, alongside a few new open-source projects.
- The show offered an entire track on AWS, with much depth and a variety of approaches.
But what was it really like to actually be at the conference, on the scene? Here are a few of the best shots from our Percona Live 2017 photo album.
A full hall for Baron's keynote panel.
Baron Schwartz presenting at Percona Live.
The keynote panel.
A pre-show shot of the VividCortex booth being set up. Empty... for now...
The VividCortex booth during the show, full and buzzing.
A group of attendees watching a free demo of VividCortex.
A fan of our famous animal hats alongside our technical recruiter, Teresa Novoa. Also... we're hiring!
A beautiful day in Santa Clara, CA.
A delicious shot from the VividCortex-hosted cocktail hour.
The full VividCortex Percona Live team in attendance.
Stay tuned for more recaps from Percona Live 2017, including reviews of Baron's breakout session and the breakout sessions by Preetam Jinka, one of VividCortex's engineers. Were you at this year's show? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below.
And now that Percona Live 2017 is over, if you want to try VividCortex yourself, on your own systems, let us know by requesting a free trial.