Like most of our customers, we live in a distributed, DevOpsy world. We are huge believers in ChatOps, we deploy production code multiple times per day, and we use a variety of tools, wikis, and other services to achieve our goals.
As part of our mission to make our customers happy and based on our experience using our own tools, we’re really excited to announce our new “Share This” feature that creates permanent static images of app components and shares them anywhere that can display an image. Yay! It works like this:
- Click on the share button on the top right of Top Queries, Top Processes or Graphs (on graphs, you need to mouseover).
- Wait a second and you get a generated image and a share link that looks like this: https://app.vividcortex.com/api/v2/share/b50f2ebaa0fcc98301c1633dbe90d97d.png
Now, share that image and do cool stuff like:
- Create internal wikis with static images
- Reference issues from within your chat system
- Easily communicate changes in metrics to people without having to login
- Anything else you can think of
Enjoy! Oh, and we’ll release Hubot scripts in the near future. Stay tuned.